Look At Me!

Thursday, February 7, 2013

And this is why I love Horoskopos!

Today's Capricorn Horoscope
February 6, 2013

There can be a lot of fun in chatting it up today, dear Capricorn, and the details of what's being said are not as important as the spirit behind them. It's all about the feeling, and you're feeling it! In general, your spirit is playful these days, dear Capricorn, as you are learning to express your more childlike, playful, and creative side without apology. The temptation to spin a tall tale can run high today, but if you keep it to the level of fantasy, nobody gets hurt. Watch also for self-deceit, and incomplete information.


Today, I had this overwhelming zeal to look at my horoscope as soon as I woke up.
What you find above is my horoscope for today. Since I live in Australia, technically, their today is already my tomorrow. So I am actually living it out on Feb 7, 2013. But believe it or not, my horoscope predicted exactly how my day turned out to be!

So here's how it went.

There can be a lot of fun in chatting it up today, dear Capricorn, and the details of what's being said are not as important as the spirit behind them. It's all about the feeling, and you're feeling it!

Yes I did have a lot of  fun chatting today with one of my friends on skype. As predicted, the details were not important, as we were playing Dumb Charades (yeah over skype). And in the spirit of the game, to act out the word "bottom", he even showed his bum to the camera, pointing his index finger at it. (Yeah I get it, 'the spirit behind' is more important !). You betcha, I am feeling it alright!

In general, your spirit is playful these days, dear Capricorn, as you are learning to express your more childlike, playful, and creative side without apology. 

Later, as I was browsing through the net, one website suggested egg yolk mixed with fenugreek seeds is an excellent remedy for hair-fall when applied for one hour. Great! Since my spirit is playful these days and  I had nothing better to do, I decided to make this mixture. I also added a few of my own ingredients like lime juice (for dandruff), cinnamon (for shine) and ground pepper (for hair growth) into it (my creative side at work you see!) and applied this mixture on my hair, which I regretted immediately because my husband who never ever calls from work, decided that this was the perfect time to give me a call. Impeccable timings, Your Highness!

I managed to hold the phone at an arms length and ask him what it was that he wanted. He mumbled something about forgetting the house key and opening the door.
Since it was only 15 mts up since I had smothered my head in egg yolk, I decided to let my husband in and then wash myself.

Finally I heard the knock and opened the door asking "How the hell did you forget...."
And imagine my surprise when I see my husband's colleague staring at me in disbelief, as there was egg and lime juice dripping on my forehead, ears and neck and I was standing there in rags, smelling like a skunk in a garbage disposal room!

Apparently my husband called to tell me that his friend had forgotten his key and is coming over with him to pick his spare key from us. 
Excellent! I excused myself quickly for a shower (no points for guessing I din't apologize!)


The temptation to spin a tall tale can run high today, but if you keep it to the level of fantasy, nobody gets hurt.Watch also for self-deceit, and incomplete information.

I got into the shower thinking he would be gone by the time I finish. As I stepped out, I peeped to see if he was still there. Yup, very much there! So I changed and came over to make small talk.

And that is when he asked the Forbidden Question. A question that you should never ask someone sitting at home unemployed.

"So what did you do all day?"

uhmm now I cant tell him that I played Dumb Charades for almost half the day, over skype with a friend, can I?
So I quickly tried to spin a tall tale.

"hmmm actually I went out to Olympic park for the first half of the day, rescued a few possums, you know... just the usual stuff."

This is when my neighbor walked by the door, peeped in and said,
"Hey Nina, were you on phone for most part of the day today? I could hear you screaming all the way up to my kitchen!"

"ermm, no, I was out, perhaps, you would have heard the television"

Husband : "You left the television ON the entire day while you were out?"

Gosh! I want to run, now!

Well at-least nobody got hurt. (except maybe my dignity)

So my day ended with my husband's colleague thinking me to be a huge freak and me getting a big lecture on "How I should be more responsible and Save Energy" from my husband and my neighbor wondering which host on Television sounds exactly like me!

So people, next time I get this overwhelming urge to look at my horoscope, please remind me to give myself a good kick!

21 comments:

  1. Ha, Ha, I could SO relate to your post! Keep 'em coming, Nina.

    A piece of unsought advice: Why not use an earphone when you skype (If you aren't already), It'd easily halve the noise and next time maybe you'd need to spin a shorter tale!

    P.S.: Showing the Bum to act out "Bottom"?! That's smart! Your friend must really want you to guess it right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BB!
      yes I do have earphones but it is quite annoying to talk with them though!

      Oh yes, he is one smart fella alright!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Debra, count me to be that type of girl who gets BUST-ed for all the silly reasons! LOL

      Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  3. Nina, you are just too funny. Love it!

    Enjoy the rest of your day!

    Kate x
    http://www.kateathome.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha, I love your stories:-D
    btw, I noticed that if I read my horoscope at night when the day is over,it had really predicted how my day turned out to be. but if I read it in the morning, everything happens exactly the other way around, exactly as opposed to the horoscope...life is strange;-)
    Billy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Billy!
      Yes, life is definitely strange and horoscopes even stranger ;)

      Delete
  5. Funny post! It's amazing how we get caught when we least expect it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still laughing, how amazingly you write .
    Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha honesty is always the best policy, you had a perfectly reasonable explanation to having food dripping down yourself :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honesty?? yeah sure..next time I am sticking to The Alien Story - nothing but the absolute truth :D

      Delete
  8. Yes, it's always best to be honest I say, and can you imagine the problems you could have got into with all the bum showing via internet? You just don't know these days, have you checked Youtube yet? ha ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don blame me!! I am just an innocent gal living out my horoscope. blame my ruling stars -they made me do it! ;)

      Delete
  9. I do envy the way predictions goes smoothly with you!

    My Personal Horoscope is a kind of natural foe for me.

    The most outstanding prediction about my future hours, and almost daily concurrent as if it was coming from a copier is: The Moon is in a opposite house, so beware mistakes from you and bad feeling from other people. You better stay under the bed all day, and avoid breathing the fluff!

    I was astonished learning the things Skype let its users do! :)) And the strong influence the stars have on your fate! :))

    Nice post, Nina!! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Predictions go smoothly for me? If this is smooth, I dread to think what could be rough!

      ha ha I wish my predictions said that to me! I would love to stay under bed all day rather than get out of it only to make a complete fool of myself! :D

      Delete
  10. That was funny.... but sorry it happened al wrong that day.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and make my day!